Non-contact functionality optimization
WEKO | DigiCon and WebCon
CONDITIONING THROUGH RE-MOISTENING
WEKO | Digicon
In digital printing, dryer systems are used to dry water-based inkjet inks or to fix toner-based systems. Paper consists of organic fibers whose properties change negatively when exposed to heat.
Conditioning of paper through re-moistening in the High Speed Digital inkjet Printing Industry by WEKO | Digicon or WEKO | Webcon reverses undesirable effects like paper curl, waviness, electrostatic charges and register differences.
Effective and Efficient
Besides supporting excellent printing results, the WEKO technology is also efficient in the exact required sprayed water quantities. Therefore, you are saving valuable resources.
WEKO | Digicon and Silicon Option
Global Player partnering with market leaders of printing presses
Hence, WEKO is a global partner with market leading printing press manufacturers. This is because the WEKO technology sets the industry standard in inline remoistening. Another key point is that with local service and spare part points, we provide the best possible support in servicing and maintaining your spray units.
The WEKO Digicon technology in brief
The WEKO liquid supply unit provides the exact amount of liquid. The integrated pump transports the liquid from a storage tank to the rotor carrier. The rotor disc spindles and forms pre-defined jet stream of micro droplets. These micro droplets spray evenly over the web, and create therefore a uniform liquid film. Unused liquid returns to the liquid storage tanks.
- Precise, minimal and repeatable application quantities
- Contact-free, clean application (no wrinkling)
- Wide range of applications for all paper grades and ink coatings
- Automatic adaptation to printing speed
- No wear and tear or job-related replacement parts (rollers, sleeves, nozzles)
- High flexibility – single or double-sided application with variable quantities possible
- Highest availability due to automatic cleaning program
- Intuitive, easy operation
- Simple installation without complicated alignment
How to start?
UPrint Technologies has a very advanced team, that will advise you about the possibilities of the WEKO technology. With your call, we will get you started and experience how the WEKO technology will improve the digital printing results. We also offer the option to run test trials or provide equipment loaners for dedicated performance test.
Testing of right amount of remoistening (left no treatment, right various levels of treatment)